Monday, January 11, 2010

Empty Bag and Baby Hands

What does it mean when my 11 month old digs in my office trash can and chooses the Starbucks pastry bag? Then, with sad little eyes, he shows it to me, empty and tries to tell me about it! I can only imagine him thinking, "Mom, really? You ate it all? No Mom, the 'you'll get it in the breastmilk' excuse is no longer working. I want a real, chocolate chunk cookie!"

Sorry, kid, I ate all the wonderful chocolate chip cookie! All gone. But, I have some great Cheerio's just for you. They are yummy. 

Yeah, I do feel just a little rotten.

UNTIL OUR ASSISTANT AND JANITOR WALK IN AND ASK IF I NEED MY FLOOR VACUUMED.

"No", I say as I roll around my desk.

  And there is Reese, surrounded by cheerio's, with a great big grin that could only mean he was thinking, "Surprise, Mommy, I dumped the cheerio's all over your office floor! The whole bag. Next time, maybe you will share with me after all."

No comments:

Post a Comment