Friday, January 15, 2010

Just One More Money Ramble - Debt Free (someday)

As David and I are adjusting our banks, I realized that should we budget our money even close to wisely, we should be out of credit card debt in 24 months. Two little years!

Maybe we will make it this time! Of course, we have a few potential setbacks hanging out there. But, I have one thing going for me. We made an agreement. My paycheck goes in one account and I pay all the bills (and only bills) from that account. He doesn't use it.

His paycheck goes in the other account and he provides all the essentials, like food, gas for the car, and Starbucks.

Never the two shall meet ... we hope. Unless our fun money is donated to our bill money so that we can have a lot more fun sooner!!!!

If just this one little thing is accomplished, we should easily be debt free in 24 months. But, if we are good, wise, and just a little bit cunning, we might even be debt free sooner than that. Well, credit card debt that is. We won't even think about student loans or the house for a while!

Just one more way to get out from under the big bank thumb and lessen someone's bonus by a few pennies.

No comments:

Post a Comment